Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Gender roles in health care


First make the case for gender discrimination: the gender discrimination or sexism is a social problem, "Gender" describes the roles, functions, rights and responsibilities established by society and that communities and societies consider appropriate for both men and women. Throughout the world, both women and men work. However, women's roles are socially invisible (unless taken into account, we talk much less of them, taken for granted). However the gender roles in health care of my career the focused are on women and the focused are not on men.


I believe that male and female midwives are trained to perform the various tasks that are needed because men and women receive the same education college. I think being midwife man has many positive aspects, because many women with sexuality issues feel more confident with men than with women,women feel that men midwives attend them more emotionally than a woman midwives; there are also aspects that are detrimental to men midwivesmany women feel shame, women feel shy and embarrassed... so I think that I can do to reduce gender problems in my career with information and confidence...



bye..!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Camila!

    I heard that women prefer to be attended men midwives too, so I mentioned this in my blog.

    I think this because men do not know how uncomfortable or painful are some processes in women, so they do everything possible for women to feel good!

    See you in class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First that all, you should put in the paragraph 1; a subtitle like what is the discrimination of gender.
    Second in the paragraph 2; you should put that in the world the women and men work.
    Third in the paragraph 3; you should put that the midwives can to be men or women.

    ReplyDelete