Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My decision to be a midwife
















I feel that my decision to be a midwife is the right one because the midwives are health professionals who care for women at all stages of their life cycle. The midwives accompanying women in the most important stage of the life of a woman: the pregnancy

When my daughter was born, I was attended by midwives, but this was a bad experience for me, but my experience was bad with all the health professionals who were with me at that time. The professional ethics should be health professionals with patients did not exist. With all that I lived at that time, I form a very critical thinking about the Chilean health system existing at that time, and I decided to train as a high quality professional and I want to give all my patients quality care; I want to give a care without discrimination, a care that shows sensitivity, commitment, empathy.

The midwives must meet all the interests of patients and the midwives must tell people is that these users feel safe, and so all the fears of patients will be reduced to the extent that the consolidation of the health professional relationship of trust and patient. The midwife is a companion impresindible, I believe that our job as midwives is hard and full of responsibility. The midwives know that birth is a life and a unique event for each person, therefore, one of the most important roles of us is to restore the prominence of women, the father and the family...

1 comment:

  1. very interesting your history cami!!
    i think that the pregnancy is the most
    important stage in the woman too!

    luck!
    kiss

    bye!! :)

    ReplyDelete